Monday, January 4, 2010

Today's Highs and Lows are...

Happy belated new year everyone!

Sorry for the time lapse...I was in St. Louis for Intervarsity's Global Missions Conference, Urbana. It was probably one of the best, if not the best, experiences in my life. I was both exhausted and excited about what God was doing in my heart and the hearts of the 18,000 other college students from 100 countries of the world and all 50 states. So, now that I have had some time to relax I hope to make this a much more frequent blog.

So I was gonna talk about God's call in one's life. I had it all in my head and I was ready to just write it all out. But I think that is gonna have to go on the back burner for right now. I think I am going to talk about something I am going through at this very moment.

I wish everyday was Urbana. I wish my time was spent hanging out with all 18,000 students just worshiping the Lord and learning how to serve Him. But if everyday were like that then that would diminish the purpose of the conference, and His word.

Spiritual highs and lows are something that comes naturally. Sometimes way too naturally. How do we cope? How do we continue? How do we live like we did when we were spiritually high?

To be honest, I don't have those answers. I have begun journaling my thoughts and struggles with the return to normalcy in hopes of finding some solace. I also have begun spending more time with God in prayer in hopes of maintaining a healthy relationship with Him. At Urbana, I learned a type of prayer that really helps me out with this issue. I pray to God in phrases or questions, and then sit in silence for a little bit, allowing Him to speak to me, whether it be a whisper or burning bush. I journal those prayers as well.

I am hoping to continue this process, updating it here for you to see. But also I am going to be discussing some changes in my life as a result of Urbana, and God's call. You may be surprised to find that some of my "dreams" have diminished, while others have flourished. Life is never settled. It is always changing. My path continues to mature and transform into something that is worthwhile. We'll see where it leads me...

No comments:

Post a Comment