Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I wrote a post a while ago proclaiming my dislike of being a trendy Christian. In my opinion, a trendy Christian, or one who raises their hands during worship just to be seen or who wears the WWJD bracelets just to fit in, is something that is becoming a serious issue. I don't know, maybe I am just turned off by what I perceive to be spiritual fanaticism. I was raised to love God and love Him in my way...I guess I never understood that others can worship in a different way.

I have realized that focus too much of my disdain of my faith on others. What does that matter? I recall a certain scripture about removing the plank from my eye before I remove a speck from another person's eye. I waste so much of my time concerned with being seen...and therefore, I fit my definition of the one thing I don't want to be. I don't want to shout freedom and revolution, and yet, I refuse to act in freedom and revolution in Christ. I don't want to look like a crazy Christian fanatic...yet I refuse to even act like a Christian sometimes.

Where is the happy medium?

Hmm...I look at others and I see passion. I look at others and I see fanaticism. But I don't look at myself. My priorities are severely screwed up. If I am a Christian, I should live like a Christian. And if I recall correctly, that doesn't necessarily mean that I should raise my hands towards heaven, as some would say, when a Christian song comes on the radio. It doesn't require me to recite scripture at the drop of a hat, nor to place it for all to see on my facebook page.

But what I've failed to miss is that I don't have to, but I can. Me. That's where this is going. I chose to follow God. I love God. I would do anything for God, even allow Him to turn me upside down so I can actually be right-side-up. So why don't I act like it? Why do I concern myself with others...what does that matter in this individual relationship with Christ. He is the judge...not me...hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment