Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Holy Cow it has been a long time since my last post. I would love to explain why it has been such a long time, but that would just be an excuse, of which usually doesn't matter in this instance.

But something has been really bugging me the last few weeks.

Prayer.

Yep I said it...go ahead and criticize me, but listen to what I have to say.

It's not that prayer is bugging me. It's just that a lot of people around me are only praying. And that to me is just not how this walk should be.

Our journeys with Christ are built on prayer, but it is not only prayer. So why do we pray for things, and then wash our hands clean of it? Why do we pray without intention?

Why do we pray for change, yet not allow God to use us and move us into action for change?

The world is hurting and yet all we can do is pray that God moves. Well, I don't think it is that farfetched to say that God is moving in us, urging us to be that change. Is that a dumb idea?

If all we do is pray to God, and not allow us to be His instruments for change, then that shows that our hearts were not in it in the first place. It shows that we were cautious to allow God to use us to show His love.

We have a campus to love upon, and yet we look at the world instead. We have a nation and a world to love, yet we spend all of our time praying for that love to show up.

HELLO! Is anyone there? That love has shown up. It shows up in our lives, and in our faith, and in our prayers. Why do we keep waiting for God to move, and just let Him move in us?

I'll leave you with that for now...until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Like my Sister told me when she dropped me off at college Freshman year. "Be the Change Baby Brother!"

    ReplyDelete